Sunday, April 08, 2007
Happy Easter everyone! My week has been full and fulfilling. It has also been full of irritation and worry. I know we are not to worry, but to put our trust in God. I am trying! (My kids say that I am very trying!)
For the past 3 weeks Kris (my hubby) has been dealing with a major problem which he downplays a lot. He works as a cardiologist (heart doctor), and was giving ekgs one day. He had a few minutes free, and true to his nature couldn't be still. So, he turned the machine on and gave himself and ekg. He had been having a little heart pain, which I didn't know about. So curiosity and boredom got the better of him. His picture showed that he has liquid around his heart and the heart muscles were inflamed. Not good. He had another doctor he works with check him out, and was confirmed. So, he came home. At first he tried to go to work anyways, and that didn't work out too well. Then he stayed home a full week, and even took some medicine to stop the heart palpitations. We all did our best to not stress him, and to keep him on the couch. No chores, driving or excursions, walking the dog or even making coffee. I stayed home most of the week, only leaving to go to meetings that could not be rescheduled. He slept most of the week, getting exhausted from walking to the bathroom! Toward the end of the week he started to feel better, He worked on his tan, sitting outside a couple hours a day. After the weekend, he decided to go to work on Wend. and Thursday this past week. I thought he was nuts, and advised against it. But I am just the wife, and he is the doctor... so of´f to work he went on Wend. morning. He was only going to do paper and computer work, have coffee with his colleges, and then come home. He was completely wiped out! He should not have gone. But the stubborn man went back to work on Thursday anyways!
Why are men so stupid, especially when they are educated? They can't even blame their stupidity on ignorance! Pig-headed, thick sculled, ...#¤!½&%¤½# Grrrrrrrr!
Since then Kris has been home. We went out for a couple hours yesterday to a birthday party, but a couple hours was all he could handle. He stayed awake till late, and went to bed. We will see if he can muster up the energy for church today.
On Tuesday he is planning on taking Bjorn to a hockey match in Ö-vik, a town 1½ hours from here. I am beginning to wonder if he will be able to do it- especially the driving. We will see what becomes of it all. I might have to drive them down, wait for the game to be over, and drive back.
Björns birthday is on Wend. this year. Middle of the week. We got him an electric guitar and an amp. He has been taking acoustic guitar lessons for almost a year now. Bjorn and his friends have been talking for a couple of years about building a band. They each chose an instrument to learn, and have been working on it for a year now. Who knows, maybe the next Abba band will be forming right here in Vännäsby! I think it is great that they have a plan and are working towards it.
Katrina really made me proud! (again) Her school has a talent show every year. This year, she and a group of girls decided to do a Disney theme. Each girl picked a character to portray. Katrina was Bell from beauty and the beast.The others were Tinkerbell the fairy, a mouse from Cinderella, Cruel la De Ville, Pocahontas, Snow White, and an Arabian girl from Aladdin. Each girl made their own costumes- nothing store bought. Katrina sat at the sewing machine and made her dress from an old sheet, and a recycled zipper. I was so impressed! I didn't help her at all except to show her how to thread the machine! Anyways, the girls did a fantastic job with the choreograph, content and costumes. They won! We are so proud of all the planning, practice, and work that they put into it. It will be exciting to see if and what they do next year!!
My jobs have kept me running. It seems like there are more and more painting jobs coming in. They keep me busy on the days I am not working at the church. It is starting to feel a bit much, but I love both jobs so much! It is hard to keep up with everything though. 2 jobs, a sick hubby to keep track of, 2 kids, a dog and a house. (If I don't keep an eye on him, Kris will try to "help out" by vacuuming, doing dishes, cleaning up... I told him that it won't help at all if he does theses things and wind up having a heart attack! He's no good to me dead!) Life is good, and we are re-examining how to keep it that way. Since Kris can't work or have any over time for quite a while in the future, we need to pull in our belts and rethink our budget. I do believe that trip to France is off for the time being, as are the new sofas, redecorating and the new car. These things are just material objects and are of no real importance. We have each other, and that takes priority.
We do have a few things to look forward to. Summer weather has come early, and I always look forward to riding the motorcycle. Warm days are a definite plus, as is the thought of vacation. I found out earlier this week that we will be getting some guests from the stated in June- and I really am looking forward to that! (We have only had one other visit from the states- when Mom visited a few years ago) The kids are really looking forward to the visit as well.
While I was writing this blogg, I had some eggs on the stove, boiling them to be able to paint them later this morning. And I promptly forgot them. I was hearing some popping noise, and thought it was Björn bouncing a ball in his room. It's early morning and I was enjoying the solitude, and didn't want him to wake everyone. So I went to the bottom of the stairs and asked," Who's awake?" Kris answered. But then I heard the popping noise again, from the kitchen! Then I remembered the eggs. Sure enough! The water had boiled out, and the heat was still cooking the eggs, making them pop. Mmmmmm, the beautiful smell of burnt eggs! I guess I will have to try again.
So, keep your eyes on cooking pots, your feet on the ground, your heart a pumping and your hands busy with doing good things. Have a hop-py egg day and I will try to write again before the end of the month.
For the past 3 weeks Kris (my hubby) has been dealing with a major problem which he downplays a lot. He works as a cardiologist (heart doctor), and was giving ekgs one day. He had a few minutes free, and true to his nature couldn't be still. So, he turned the machine on and gave himself and ekg. He had been having a little heart pain, which I didn't know about. So curiosity and boredom got the better of him. His picture showed that he has liquid around his heart and the heart muscles were inflamed. Not good. He had another doctor he works with check him out, and was confirmed. So, he came home. At first he tried to go to work anyways, and that didn't work out too well. Then he stayed home a full week, and even took some medicine to stop the heart palpitations. We all did our best to not stress him, and to keep him on the couch. No chores, driving or excursions, walking the dog or even making coffee. I stayed home most of the week, only leaving to go to meetings that could not be rescheduled. He slept most of the week, getting exhausted from walking to the bathroom! Toward the end of the week he started to feel better, He worked on his tan, sitting outside a couple hours a day. After the weekend, he decided to go to work on Wend. and Thursday this past week. I thought he was nuts, and advised against it. But I am just the wife, and he is the doctor... so of´f to work he went on Wend. morning. He was only going to do paper and computer work, have coffee with his colleges, and then come home. He was completely wiped out! He should not have gone. But the stubborn man went back to work on Thursday anyways!
Why are men so stupid, especially when they are educated? They can't even blame their stupidity on ignorance! Pig-headed, thick sculled, ...#¤!½&%¤½# Grrrrrrrr!
Since then Kris has been home. We went out for a couple hours yesterday to a birthday party, but a couple hours was all he could handle. He stayed awake till late, and went to bed. We will see if he can muster up the energy for church today.
On Tuesday he is planning on taking Bjorn to a hockey match in Ö-vik, a town 1½ hours from here. I am beginning to wonder if he will be able to do it- especially the driving. We will see what becomes of it all. I might have to drive them down, wait for the game to be over, and drive back.
Björns birthday is on Wend. this year. Middle of the week. We got him an electric guitar and an amp. He has been taking acoustic guitar lessons for almost a year now. Bjorn and his friends have been talking for a couple of years about building a band. They each chose an instrument to learn, and have been working on it for a year now. Who knows, maybe the next Abba band will be forming right here in Vännäsby! I think it is great that they have a plan and are working towards it.
Katrina really made me proud! (again) Her school has a talent show every year. This year, she and a group of girls decided to do a Disney theme. Each girl picked a character to portray. Katrina was Bell from beauty and the beast.The others were Tinkerbell the fairy, a mouse from Cinderella, Cruel la De Ville, Pocahontas, Snow White, and an Arabian girl from Aladdin. Each girl made their own costumes- nothing store bought. Katrina sat at the sewing machine and made her dress from an old sheet, and a recycled zipper. I was so impressed! I didn't help her at all except to show her how to thread the machine! Anyways, the girls did a fantastic job with the choreograph, content and costumes. They won! We are so proud of all the planning, practice, and work that they put into it. It will be exciting to see if and what they do next year!!
My jobs have kept me running. It seems like there are more and more painting jobs coming in. They keep me busy on the days I am not working at the church. It is starting to feel a bit much, but I love both jobs so much! It is hard to keep up with everything though. 2 jobs, a sick hubby to keep track of, 2 kids, a dog and a house. (If I don't keep an eye on him, Kris will try to "help out" by vacuuming, doing dishes, cleaning up... I told him that it won't help at all if he does theses things and wind up having a heart attack! He's no good to me dead!) Life is good, and we are re-examining how to keep it that way. Since Kris can't work or have any over time for quite a while in the future, we need to pull in our belts and rethink our budget. I do believe that trip to France is off for the time being, as are the new sofas, redecorating and the new car. These things are just material objects and are of no real importance. We have each other, and that takes priority.
We do have a few things to look forward to. Summer weather has come early, and I always look forward to riding the motorcycle. Warm days are a definite plus, as is the thought of vacation. I found out earlier this week that we will be getting some guests from the stated in June- and I really am looking forward to that! (We have only had one other visit from the states- when Mom visited a few years ago) The kids are really looking forward to the visit as well.
While I was writing this blogg, I had some eggs on the stove, boiling them to be able to paint them later this morning. And I promptly forgot them. I was hearing some popping noise, and thought it was Björn bouncing a ball in his room. It's early morning and I was enjoying the solitude, and didn't want him to wake everyone. So I went to the bottom of the stairs and asked," Who's awake?" Kris answered. But then I heard the popping noise again, from the kitchen! Then I remembered the eggs. Sure enough! The water had boiled out, and the heat was still cooking the eggs, making them pop. Mmmmmm, the beautiful smell of burnt eggs! I guess I will have to try again.
So, keep your eyes on cooking pots, your feet on the ground, your heart a pumping and your hands busy with doing good things. Have a hop-py egg day and I will try to write again before the end of the month.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh, Miki, what a post. I loved reading every word of it. You had me close to tears as I read about Kris and laughing so loud at the end (the egg story) that dad called from the bedroom to ask if I was okay!
I'm so glad for more info about Kris. I have been wondering so much since you first called how he's doing. We are praying for him to be healed and for you to be able to be strong during this time. May the prayers of many people put wings underneath you.
I loved reading about the kids too. I miss you all.
Love, Mom
It's so good to have an update from you again, Miki. We are praying for Kris and will continue to do so. I just love your blog, and feel like I know you better than ever before!
Post a Comment