Friday, August 31, 2007

Catching up

Oh how the years go by.... well the weeks at least! I have been a busy camper lately. The lazy summer days are over and I am back to work. I recently got a permanent paid position as youth leader at our church, and have been getting things ready for the upcoming semester. We just finished a weekend retreat with the teenagers, and had a lot of fun. My co-worker from the missions church and I had a great thought. When we were teens, we paid to be able to go to these weekends, and looked forward to them for many a weeks, and relished the experiences we had for years afterwards. Now we not only don't have to pay to go, but we get paid to go! Plus, we decide which games to play, who the speaker is, and what we will be doing! On top of all that, we get to be as silly as we want, eat ourselves stupid, and stay up till way too late! And, there are no dishes to wash, food that we have to make or dogs we have to walk! Yep, we have a tough job... and we love it!!
School has started here as well. Katrina and Björn finally go to the same school! Björn has been having trouble with a kid in his class that wouldn't leave him alone, and the school didn't put a stop to it. So, after a 3 year battle, we decided to move Björn to the same Christian school that Katrina has been going to for the past 3 years. The teachers love him, say that he is fitting in just fine, playing with the boys at school and doing well in class.
But the down part of seeing all those kids is the unfortunate mass invasion of germs the kids are suddenly exposed to. Both the kids got really bad colds, and had to be home for a couple days. Now, here is the fun-a 14 year old, super mature and somewhat bossy girl feeling the effects of a really bad cold with a touch of asthma as well in the same room (house, street, neighborhood, country) as her imature(compare to her) , super sensative, irritating attention needy and oh, so irritating little brother who is also ravaged by the sniffels and a much stronger case of asthma.... well, it wasn't a pretty sight. The finally went back to school, and the house is once again quiet and calm. Now I only have to deal with the mountians- dishes, wash (as usual) , socks (they are everywhere!) blankets and buckets, used tissues (gross!) magazines and books, food scraps and empty cough drop wrappers. Björn wanted to stay home Friday, but I am forcing him to go anyways- I need the peace and quiet!! (Seriously, he is well enough, just didn't want to get up so early!)
So, now that I am working as a youth leader, now I am starting to get all kinds of questions and jobs in the buisness! Right now I have a sign, a gas tank and a helmet waiting my attention. Plus I got a call to do a 5 week course in airbrushing! I am going into Umeå today to discuss which instruments are needed and how to set up as well as when to have the course. This is going to be fun!
Well, now mom can finally see something else on my blogg! Have a good one, y'all!

1 comment:

Jean said...

I really did love looking at that picture every day, but I love even more hearing from you!! Don't have too much fun, ha, ha!!