Monday, May 11, 2009

Moved, fired up, and Facebook

We have sucessfully moved to our new house and are truely enjoying a new and healthier lifestyle. There has been some resistance, but the bicycles have come into their own and are being used more and more often. (We are getting HUGE calloses on our butts!!) The change in diet continues to show good results as well. But I do think my son has been eating weeds. He sure is growing like one!! Yep- my youngest child is now taller than I am! He has grown 3-4 inches since we moved into Umeå! And Katrina has put her bike to more use than I hoped for! (You go, girl!)
Well I jumped out of the frying pan at last! Yep- I got fired! (I asked to be fired, actually) The church I have been working at for the past 3 years just doesn't have the economy to keep so many employees. So I requested to be released from my contract. My last day is the last day of July. So, pray that I will be able to find something/anything before the end of July!
Honestly, I feel relieved to be released. I knew it was time- just like most women know when it's that time of the month. The tension, the slight pain, the apprehension, the timing. Yep- just like a visit from Aunt Flo! And in the same theme, I will be glad when it is all done!!
Changing the subject (your welcome) I am really enjoying my time with the Believers. I really have found kindred spirits there, and acceptance. No sitting on your duff there either! I am expected to take on some responsibilities as well! I just hope they don't give me the chief mechanic position. Then we will all be scewed- or more realisticlly- have a loose screw or two!
I have also enjoyed catching up with some dear old friends on facebook. We are far apart, but able to share life with each other. I'm loving Facebook!!

1 comment:

Jean said...

What a wonderful update, Miki! You warm my heart. And I'm so glad you're on Facebook. I just love your funny status updates and comments.