Sunday, July 23, 2006
I'm so blue... and grey and green....
It was inevidable, it was going to happen sooner or later. So we decided to do it and get it over with. It was a huge task to undergo, but it needed to be done, no ifs, ands, or buts. So we bit the bullet and started. We had never done it by ourselves before and maybe we were a bit nieve. But after three weeks, it is actually almost over!
So, what's the big deal? Curious? You really wanna know? I guess I can tell you. We repainted the outside of the house! It was a light grey base with a darker grey around the windows and doors. We kept the lighter grey and put a smokey blue around the windows instead. I am thinking about painting the front door a sea green instead of the boring old dark brown it is now. We'll see.
That is what has been consuming my time the past 3 weeks- besides the normal washing, dishes, meals, taking kids here and there, and our weekly adventures planned by the kids.
This weeks adventure took us on a picnic to the local damm. We ate blts and fresh fruit at a picnic table and then went rock climbing. We even dipped our feet into the water for a while. Jackie was with us and really enjoyed climbing all over the place, but didn't want to get wet.We had a relaxing time. I admit it was nice to get away from the paint buckets for a while!!
Today Kris and I visited our former neighbors in Umeå. They seem to really be enjoying living in town. I am happy for them and wish them the best.
Kris had 2 weeks vacation, but spent most of the time scraping, cleaning , primering and painting the house. He has another week of vacation, but planned on working in O-vik (a town south of Umeå) to earn a little extra cash. He has been very dilligent in working out lately, and is (as I write) watching CSI and pumping out on the stair master! He has become a really beefy guy. No vegetarians here!
Katrina turns 13 tomorrow, so I guess the whole day will go by doing things for her. She wants me to make her cake, and do "special things" with her. I have no clue what I will do yet, but the creative juices usually don't let me down. We had already bought her an expensive pair of sneakers at the beginning of the year, so that is already taken care of. Bjorn bought a gift for her that she will get tomorrow.
Tonight I will finish planning my Norway trip. The Youth leader (Evelina) and I are riding motorcycle to Norway on Sunday and will stay there till wednesday. Exactly what we will do is not decided. We will see what is going on when we get there.
I will have to sign off for now. Have a good one everyone!
So, what's the big deal? Curious? You really wanna know? I guess I can tell you. We repainted the outside of the house! It was a light grey base with a darker grey around the windows and doors. We kept the lighter grey and put a smokey blue around the windows instead. I am thinking about painting the front door a sea green instead of the boring old dark brown it is now. We'll see.
That is what has been consuming my time the past 3 weeks- besides the normal washing, dishes, meals, taking kids here and there, and our weekly adventures planned by the kids.
This weeks adventure took us on a picnic to the local damm. We ate blts and fresh fruit at a picnic table and then went rock climbing. We even dipped our feet into the water for a while. Jackie was with us and really enjoyed climbing all over the place, but didn't want to get wet.We had a relaxing time. I admit it was nice to get away from the paint buckets for a while!!
Today Kris and I visited our former neighbors in Umeå. They seem to really be enjoying living in town. I am happy for them and wish them the best.
Kris had 2 weeks vacation, but spent most of the time scraping, cleaning , primering and painting the house. He has another week of vacation, but planned on working in O-vik (a town south of Umeå) to earn a little extra cash. He has been very dilligent in working out lately, and is (as I write) watching CSI and pumping out on the stair master! He has become a really beefy guy. No vegetarians here!
Katrina turns 13 tomorrow, so I guess the whole day will go by doing things for her. She wants me to make her cake, and do "special things" with her. I have no clue what I will do yet, but the creative juices usually don't let me down. We had already bought her an expensive pair of sneakers at the beginning of the year, so that is already taken care of. Bjorn bought a gift for her that she will get tomorrow.
Tonight I will finish planning my Norway trip. The Youth leader (Evelina) and I are riding motorcycle to Norway on Sunday and will stay there till wednesday. Exactly what we will do is not decided. We will see what is going on when we get there.
I will have to sign off for now. Have a good one everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Wow! A phone call and a blog update all in one weekend. I feel so caught up, I hardly know what to wonder about!! Oh, I know! WHEN will I get some new pictures????
Post a Comment