Monday, February 05, 2007
Take two
Today I got my car back from the shop- fixed after some vandals took my stereo and broke the lights. I was on my way home when I saw Bjorn on his way to a friends house. His mom had just got a new job, so I went to congradulate her. We chatted a while. Then it was time to go get Kris. He had so generously let me use his car while mine was in the shop. So, at 4:30 I was on my way to get him. There were some kids on their way home walking on the road. I swung out to pass them and got caught in the deep ruts in the road. Quicker than you could say "Gimminie Crickets!" I was on my way into the ditch. I prayed a quick prayer to ask for protection, and it was over. The plastic bumper and the fog lights are gone, and the hose to the wind shield washer is off as well. But I drove the care (VERY SLOWLY) home and put it into the garage. Tomorrow morning I have to call the insurance company again. They are going to have a hard time believing this! But I am thankful for so many things! I was not hurt, nor were the 3 kids that were walking along the road! The car was not totoaled. (I guess I am thankful for that. We will just fix it and move on! I will wait a little longer for a new car) I was not driving Kris' Lexus! (Really thankful for that!!) I was thinking of not having fog lights- they are just a nusience and expensive to fix, abd break easily because they are so low in the bumper.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Wow, I am thankful you're okay, and those kids that were walking also.
This reminded me of when Katrina was little and you had an accident. Didn't she used to say something funny to describe what happened to the car? But I can't think what it was. Can you?
Jup! She use to say (and the whole family says it...) "Mamma broke the car!"
Post a Comment