Wednesday, April 18, 2007
Cops,robbers,hockey and Grease
Keeping 2 jobs going is not as easy as one would think! The advantage is that I can afford to have someone come in to help with the cleaning. I love it, as do the rest of the family- they don't have to do as much! Cleaning is not one of those things we really enjoy- except when ít is done. As I am writing, our helper is running around dusting and getting ready to clean. Later today I am hoping to take a bunch of bottles, paper, plastic and glass for recycling. (Tired of the piles of bags and boxes and in need of some quick cash!)
I was suppose to go to a meeting today in Northern Sweden, to a town called Kalix. But I admit that I am overjoyed that something came up and I needed to stay home. It was a 4½ hour drive up, a 3 hour meeting and another 4½ hour drive home. I love riding my motorcycle, but that was a little too much- even in a car! Besides, now I have time to clean up a bit, get a few odd jobs done, and do some prep work for the younge believers group on Thursday.
Last week I had activities for the youth during the easter break. We kept active Monday with a game called Captured at the Church. They had to do certian tasks to earn a key. At the end, they had to use the keys to get clues. The clues led them to the final treasure. We had 4 hours of fun and stopped at 5 for a 1 hour supper break. In the evening we played board games till 2am. Tuesday we were to play burnball (similar sort of to baseball) But it snowed and was really windy. A few die hards went and played anyways, and the rest of us decided to make supper for everyone to eat together. We ate a little late, but enjoyed the company. In the evening we watched Bruce Almighty and Forest Gump, then played penalty Uno. (If you make a mistake you have to pick up two cards from the draw pile). We went home at 1am. Wend. we started with games at the local gym. We layed out mats, got out the ropes, some gymnastic equipment and spread them around the gym. Two people were chosen to be "it" and a game of tag/don't touch the floor ensued. Two hours of that wore us down so we swithched to dodgeball. By th time 4 rolled around we were too tired to do anything else. So we cleaned up and went for supper. We met at the church and played a game of photo treasure hunt. I gave everyone a list of things to get a picture of, and how many points the picture was worth. They went out to get as many as possible, and returned to the church at 8pm. Then we walked/rode bike to a place where we could build a fire and grilled stick bread and hotdogs. We had a short devotional and talked about what to do next.After a vote, we played cops and robbers! Four "prisoners" escaped, and the cops had to find them. Those who were not cops or robbers were citizens who could call the police and tip them- or lead them astray. We met back at t he church at 12 and played PIG and Uno till 2. Then I had to close shop- I was beat!! On Thursday, most of them went on another retreat with the Missions church and were away till Sunday evening. We had a lot of fun!! But man was I tired! I slept most of Thursday away and fought through the weekend to regain my energy.
Kris is doing better. He has worked all this week. He is tired when he gets home, but is feeling stronger and stronger each day. Last Tuesday, he and our son, Björn, went to an ice hockey game in Ö-vik. It is a 1½ hr drive from Umeå, and he had worked allday. I was really worried about him driving, the long day and that it is somewhat exciting at a live game. I had a hard time releasing my worries, and even had a few people pray with/for me all day. Kris called home at 10 and said that he had found someone to ride down with, and someone else to ride back to Umeå with. Would I be willing to drive into Umeå in the evening and pick them up? What a relief!! Boy was I willing!! Thank God for even answering the prayers of a worried mom/wife! They both said after the game that they had the wrong seats- all the goals were scored at the other end of the rink! (No mistake there! God knew just where to put them!) So they made it home safe and sound.
On Saturday evening we took the kids to see a musical- Grease. They got all dressed up- Björn even had a shirt and tie! The only thing we forgot was to get cash! The stands didn't take bank cards! So at intermission, the kids were thirsty, asn we had no cash. Luckily I had done some wash earlier in the day and had just enough money to get a can of soda, which the kids shared. They were really great. We stopped for ice cream on the way home. It was a noce evening together.
Well, now this entry is more than long enough. Have a good one yall. My dishwasher is done as is my washing machine, and it is lunchtime as well. Bon apatit!
I was suppose to go to a meeting today in Northern Sweden, to a town called Kalix. But I admit that I am overjoyed that something came up and I needed to stay home. It was a 4½ hour drive up, a 3 hour meeting and another 4½ hour drive home. I love riding my motorcycle, but that was a little too much- even in a car! Besides, now I have time to clean up a bit, get a few odd jobs done, and do some prep work for the younge believers group on Thursday.
Last week I had activities for the youth during the easter break. We kept active Monday with a game called Captured at the Church. They had to do certian tasks to earn a key. At the end, they had to use the keys to get clues. The clues led them to the final treasure. We had 4 hours of fun and stopped at 5 for a 1 hour supper break. In the evening we played board games till 2am. Tuesday we were to play burnball (similar sort of to baseball) But it snowed and was really windy. A few die hards went and played anyways, and the rest of us decided to make supper for everyone to eat together. We ate a little late, but enjoyed the company. In the evening we watched Bruce Almighty and Forest Gump, then played penalty Uno. (If you make a mistake you have to pick up two cards from the draw pile). We went home at 1am. Wend. we started with games at the local gym. We layed out mats, got out the ropes, some gymnastic equipment and spread them around the gym. Two people were chosen to be "it" and a game of tag/don't touch the floor ensued. Two hours of that wore us down so we swithched to dodgeball. By th time 4 rolled around we were too tired to do anything else. So we cleaned up and went for supper. We met at the church and played a game of photo treasure hunt. I gave everyone a list of things to get a picture of, and how many points the picture was worth. They went out to get as many as possible, and returned to the church at 8pm. Then we walked/rode bike to a place where we could build a fire and grilled stick bread and hotdogs. We had a short devotional and talked about what to do next.After a vote, we played cops and robbers! Four "prisoners" escaped, and the cops had to find them. Those who were not cops or robbers were citizens who could call the police and tip them- or lead them astray. We met back at t he church at 12 and played PIG and Uno till 2. Then I had to close shop- I was beat!! On Thursday, most of them went on another retreat with the Missions church and were away till Sunday evening. We had a lot of fun!! But man was I tired! I slept most of Thursday away and fought through the weekend to regain my energy.
Kris is doing better. He has worked all this week. He is tired when he gets home, but is feeling stronger and stronger each day. Last Tuesday, he and our son, Björn, went to an ice hockey game in Ö-vik. It is a 1½ hr drive from Umeå, and he had worked allday. I was really worried about him driving, the long day and that it is somewhat exciting at a live game. I had a hard time releasing my worries, and even had a few people pray with/for me all day. Kris called home at 10 and said that he had found someone to ride down with, and someone else to ride back to Umeå with. Would I be willing to drive into Umeå in the evening and pick them up? What a relief!! Boy was I willing!! Thank God for even answering the prayers of a worried mom/wife! They both said after the game that they had the wrong seats- all the goals were scored at the other end of the rink! (No mistake there! God knew just where to put them!) So they made it home safe and sound.
On Saturday evening we took the kids to see a musical- Grease. They got all dressed up- Björn even had a shirt and tie! The only thing we forgot was to get cash! The stands didn't take bank cards! So at intermission, the kids were thirsty, asn we had no cash. Luckily I had done some wash earlier in the day and had just enough money to get a can of soda, which the kids shared. They were really great. We stopped for ice cream on the way home. It was a noce evening together.
Well, now this entry is more than long enough. Have a good one yall. My dishwasher is done as is my washing machine, and it is lunchtime as well. Bon apatit!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You have to be the best youth pastor those kids ever had. You'll still be acting like a kid when you're 70!!
And hey, Where's the pictures of everyone all dressed up for Grease? Especially Bjorn in a tie? The last time I saw him like that was when he was the 2-yr.-old ringbearer in a tux at Lisa's wedding!!
So glad to hear that Kris is getting better. Can't keep a good man down - just ask Dad!!
Love, Mom
Post a Comment