Saturday, April 21, 2007
fine, fines and Finns
I finally have a full 24 hours with absolutly nothing on the schedule! I haven't had one of these days in a long time, and I actually feel bored!! I was hoping to spend some time with Kris today- feel like I have been neglecting him lately- not even sleeping in the same bed. (Didn't want to get his heart going too much in the middle of the night) But he came rushing down the stairs this morning at 7 and said that he had to go into the hospital. I was petrified at first- thinking his heart was giving up on him! But he had forgotten to tell me that he was on call today. So, he was actually going in to take care of a patient. I will call him in an hour or so to see if he wants to grab lunch in town. It would be nice to have some one on one time with him.
I think I will do a double light pass at the gym today- first work out with weights and then go swimming. I think it will be fine day.
Last night I was driving to a youth activity, jamming out to the Newsboys and generally not concentrating on my driving. Way too late, I saw the police man with a hair dryer. I was sure I knew what the speed limit was, and was 5 kph under it, but didn't have a seat belt on. Grrr- 70 bucks! Unfortunatly, I was wrong about the speed limit, and was 15kph over then limit- a 70 dollar fine would have been a blessing! Instead I have a 240 dollar fine!! Big GRRRR! I could just kick myself for not seeing the signs- I must have driven past them 5oo times! There goes my savings for this month!
I was at a leadership meeting at church, and we had a couple fellows as guests. They were from Finnland, and were on a tour to raise funds for a bible school they support in Russia. I read their information pamplets (which were in English) and translated them to english. It was so nice to be reminded that our spiritual battle is not one we are alone in- we are internationally joined through our faith in the Lord. They might speak Finnish, Swedish, Russian or English- but we have the same heavenly father! So, blessings to our Finn brothers as they wander on through Sweden and Norway.
Now I am going to wander into the kitchen and find some breakfast. Have a good one, yall!
I think I will do a double light pass at the gym today- first work out with weights and then go swimming. I think it will be fine day.
Last night I was driving to a youth activity, jamming out to the Newsboys and generally not concentrating on my driving. Way too late, I saw the police man with a hair dryer. I was sure I knew what the speed limit was, and was 5 kph under it, but didn't have a seat belt on. Grrr- 70 bucks! Unfortunatly, I was wrong about the speed limit, and was 15kph over then limit- a 70 dollar fine would have been a blessing! Instead I have a 240 dollar fine!! Big GRRRR! I could just kick myself for not seeing the signs- I must have driven past them 5oo times! There goes my savings for this month!
I was at a leadership meeting at church, and we had a couple fellows as guests. They were from Finnland, and were on a tour to raise funds for a bible school they support in Russia. I read their information pamplets (which were in English) and translated them to english. It was so nice to be reminded that our spiritual battle is not one we are alone in- we are internationally joined through our faith in the Lord. They might speak Finnish, Swedish, Russian or English- but we have the same heavenly father! So, blessings to our Finn brothers as they wander on through Sweden and Norway.
Now I am going to wander into the kitchen and find some breakfast. Have a good one, yall!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hmmmmmm. Seems like I remember a ticket for speeding once before. Hee, hee. That time $80 was an outragous amount for a young woman fresh out of college, right??
By the way, remember we were on our way home from that Gala Gourmet thing? I recently saw something in the paper about that. They still hold that every spring, and it always sounds so hoity-tioty, and I think, "Wow, I can't believe Miki and I went to that for FREE!" It's who you know, they say!!
I remember that you sat next to me, laughing the whole time the officer was writing out the ticket!! I also remember those strawberries with vine in them and dipped in chocolate!
Whaaaat??? I was eating strawberries dipped in wine? Add that to my list of times I had alcohol accidently. Ha, ha!!!
Post a Comment