Monday, July 02, 2007

US Visit

The house seems empty today- Anthony and Lori have continued on to Stockholm yesterday afternoon. We had a great time!






We spent a lot of time just talking, sitting on the couches outside and having a good time. We did some kind of activity (mostly to keep the kids happy) every day, but not near all the things the kids wanted to do. What a wonderful couple! I really enjoyed their visit and already anticipate their next visit.










Even Jackie had alot of fun. She had a larger pack to play tug of war with! We did a lot of things, like make sushi together, go on a motorcycle ride (both Anthony and Lori went for a ride), did a beer tasting evening, went to the moose farm, and had an evening out to a nice resteraunt- Viktors. (No kids along on that trip) The youth group came over on uesday and we played Kubb and watched a movie. We went shopping in Umeå, ate at Max (hamburgers) and visited the chocolate store. Unfortunatly the truffels we were going to eat melted in the car because we all forgot to take them in! Lori made supper for us on Saturday and Kris' sister and her 2 girls were with us for the meal. Yummies! Hard to believe we crammed it all in within 6 days! Hope it wasn't too much running around for Anthony and Lori! All too soon it was time for them to jump on the plane for Stockholm. We will miss you both! Come back soon- PLEASE?!

I will have to add some details that we just don't want to forget as I continue blogging. But for now, the shower is calling. I did not mean that I am taking a shower- already did that!! I am renovating the shower in the basement- an ongoing project that I started a couple weeks before Anthony and Lori came. My goal was to get it done before they came, but it didn't quite happen that way.This picture is how it looked in the beginning. I had already started to fix the walls when I remembered to take a "before" picture.

Here I have spackeled the walls and started to pour the cement for the floor. It was leaning in towards the wall so the water pooled next to the wall instead of going down the drain.

I have done a lot more, but now you will have to wait till next time to see the next step!

And now, Kris is up and watching West Wing, so I will get some breakfast and go work on the shower.

Have a good one y'all.

No comments: