Friday, February 01, 2008

Snacking Angle, screwed up and sweet baker

I have a little catching up to do, so I thought I would start with our angle. She graces the top of our christmas tree every year since 1997. This year it was Björns turn to decide on how to decorate, and he went for a candy theme. So, even the angle got a little sweet this year! She is now resting after a 2 month period of gaurding the tree, awaiting her next shift later this year.



Someone screwed up!! We were hanging a new lamp above the piano, and needed some screws. All went well, the lamp was installed, and we were cleaning up. Then the box of screws was picked up. Unfortunatly, the latches were not fastened properly and the screwes went everywhere! What a screw-y mess! (An onslought of screw jokes ensued and persisted for the next few days- we are a screwey family, what a screwed up thing to happen, etc...) The next 3 days were spent sorting the screws according to length and thickness. We were happy the job finally was finished!




Katrina continues to experiment and excell in her baking. A friend's mother was celebrating a birthday and hired Katrina to make the deserts. She made 2 cakes and truffels rolled in cocoa powder. WOW!! We got a taste of the cakes and truffels- they were SOOOO good! The womans husband has contacts with the best resteraunt in Umeå, and said he would offer a word of encouragement for Katrina to be able to visit the kitchen sometime. (Viktors) She is really excited at the prospect of being able to be there sometime! They normally don't accept young people to do practical experience there, but here's hoping!




4 comments:

Jean said...

How wonderful to find a new post from you, and especially this picture of Katrina! What a beautiful, talented girl. I would love to see her - and you.

Anonymous said...

Can I sample any of these in March? I am looking forward to my visit. DAD

Tropical Mexican said...

miki-
that was an incredible post. The angel was hysterical,very creative, not that I would expect anything less from your kids. Any katrina wow, those cakes.

There are definatly not any screws lose in those creative little minds.

Sorry, I just had to get in on the jokes.

Your sis

Jean said...

We haven't heard from you much. You ARE still planning on Dad's visit, right? He's arriving Saturday, March 8 and returning home Saturday, March 15. That's getting amazingly close!