Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Spain, pain and NO RAIN!!

The rain in Spain does NOT come in late summer! The entire time we were there, it didn't rain a single drop! Here are a few sneek peeks of the trip I took to Mijas, Spain from 23 July till 10 Aug, 2008.

This is the house we stayed in. It is a Bible School which was in desperate need of a proper cleaning.




We started the day with a breakfast, prayer and some sort of wacky compitition. Anything from making an alter to decorating pine cones to a babbeling competition could come up.





Then we set about doing what was needed most- cleaning. And more cleaning and then a little more.








The temperatures were way too high to be able to work, so we did the Spanish thing- SIESTA- between 12 and 2 o'clock. Most of the time it was the pool that mattered most- cooling off and relaxing. I wimpped out and usually slept or did paperwork and planning.



Saturdays were usually spent on the beach. Here is the team...

Hanna, Sara, Katrina, Frida and Simon. A more wonderful team does not exist! We had lots of laughs and fun together. Many memories were made.









This is the view from the patio- beee u ti ful! I really enjoyed a morning cup of tea sitting outside watching the sun rise and having some 1 on 1 time with God.


Sunday church service- NOT at 11:00- too hot. Nope, we started around 9-ish (pm) when it was a little cooler- and OUTSIDE!! What a beautiful ceiling! Katrina gave a testimony , and there were other oppertunities to share as well. Frida, Hanna, Katrina and yours truely all shared at some point.






Simon often entertained us with a rythmic melody on the bongo drums. That is when he wasn't getting us to throw frisbee or play volleyboll!






Gotta go get ready to pick up Anthony, Lori and unnamed baby soon, so that's it for now.




2 comments:

Jean said...

GREAT pictures! Wow, such beautiful scenery! And I especially love seeing Katrina. I know you will have a great time together.

Jean said...

Oops, I forgot to say - "Have a great time with Anthony and Lori" before I said "I know you will have a great time together."