Monday, November 17, 2008

Looking forward to April!

So I really suck at keeping you all updated on my daily life. There are several reasons for this.

First- the only time I get on the computer is in the wee hours of the morning- time I usually set aside for my personal time with the Lord. So, those hours are so precious to me that I don't want to spend them on anything else. Otherwise the computer is shared with a new blogger (Kat), a gamer (Bj) and a man with an inquenchable thirst for knowledge (Hubby). My Iphone has been working as an email checker, so the essentials get done.

Reason number two- I never learned to type. Although I do get better throught the years, I still need to look at the keyboard. (Lots of fun when you have early morning eye gunk stuck on your contact lenses!)

Reason number three- I have dislexia- reading and writing are a trial. (Yes I know. Trials develope perserverence...)

Reason number four- I have a life!! Like my sister said on her blogg a while ago, those who have a life don't always have the time to blogg about it! And there is so much going on right now that I wonder how I will manage to get it all done. I honestly think that God is stretching my days into 28 hours just so I can get it all accomplished!

I am sure I have more reasons, but the eye goop must be clouding my memory a bit, so I will move on.

Thanksgiving is coming up, then Christmas and New Years. Fun as they are, our family is looking forward to something else. After three years of deliberation, looking, talking and thinking, we have finally decided to move. (Sorry all you American folks, not to the States) We are leaving Vännäsby and moving into Umeå. We spent the last 3 -4 weeks on talking, looking on the web, viewing and discussing different house alternatives with each other- kids too. After viewing one house, deciding we all liked it, we were in on the bidding for a nice place in Teg. But alas, we did not win the bid. Back to the viewing stage. The kids and I went to see a couple houses one day- a week ago today. We decided right away that it was beautiful- even better than the one at Teg. So we gave an offer for the house- and they accepted our offer!! So, here are some pictures of what we are looking forward to in April!
The outside of the house will need to be painted within 5 years, but it really does look better than the pictures. Stones will be replaced with cement plates. Nice little yard- I do not have any intress or time for gardening!

The kitchen is a real selling point- Kris was sold with the fridge with ice and water in the door!
Kitchen is opened to the dining area, which has a door to the back yard and future patio. Bar stools so folks can sit nd talk to the cook, and a "wine fridge" - great for soda too!






No comments: