Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Pooch, paint, photos and panoramas
Ain´t it funny how pets can take a really busy, tough day, and even a disaster and make you laugh in spite of it all? Here´s my little story:
Twas the night before photo shoot, and all through the house,everyone was cleaning, even the dust mouse!
No dirty stockings, tshirts or underwear, were allowed to be seen under the bed or anywhere!
I in my sweatband and pa in his cap, knew we had no time for a 5 minute nap
The hammers a pounded and spray cans they clattered, when a wall full of boxes fell! Oh no! What's the matter?
Down the stairs I did flew like a flash!
Threw aside curtians and baskets when my toe I did mash.
The glasses I had packed so carefully and neat
Now lay on the floor in a huge messy heap.
When what to my wondering eyes should appear,
but a black wet nose and a tiny floppy ear
One look at that face and it all became clear-
There were no robbers, or hurt kids or man to fear.
As she looked at me with so meek and humble,
I knew in a moment it was our dog Jackie- that had made the boxes tumble.
As she jumped up and down on the pile of paper and glass
She smiled at me as she wiggled her .....butt (;P)
I flopped on the ground as she finished her dance
and laughed right out loud as I watched her paws prance.
Then she leaped oér the pile and into my arms
And mezermerised me with her puppylike charms.
I picked her up and kissed her as I turned off the light
And wispered in her ear- You really made my night!
I have a few minutes, so I thought I'd let you all in on the happenings in my life lately. We have been franticlly working on our house to prepare it for selling. The realter was just here and took a bunch of pictures of most of the rooms. We have 6 bedrooms, so he probably won't put them all out on the web. He also took 2 movies to be able to look at, 360 degree panoramas. But the work isn't all done! We have a few papers to fill in, and a bunch of boxes to move. (I think we will need a few more boxes!!) as well as a bunch of "small stuff!
The most of the renovation was done during the Christmas/New Years break. We had 2 guys come to help with the spackling/painting/carpentry. They were fantastic workers and (as Lisa would say) not creepy! We are so thankful for all their work- we could not have gotten done without them. In a 3 week perion they succeded in repainting 5 rooms and a hallway, replaced a floor from the bottom up, did some carpentry work and even fix the shed out back so the doors stay shut! (We made them stay home to celebrate Christmas at least!) So thanks to my 2 favorite workers- M and B!!
Now that the pictures are taken, my mind has returned to the rest of my responsibilities. I need to go into Umeå to get some papers for my buisness, pick up the kids, and prepare a teaching for younge believers tomorrow. I also need to figure out how to get Björn to his JuJitzu lesson while I am working. Can you take him Mom?
Well, I recon I better get moving- otherwise I am liable to fall asleep right hereeeeeeeeeeeeeee..................
Twas the night before photo shoot, and all through the house,everyone was cleaning, even the dust mouse!
No dirty stockings, tshirts or underwear, were allowed to be seen under the bed or anywhere!
I in my sweatband and pa in his cap, knew we had no time for a 5 minute nap
The hammers a pounded and spray cans they clattered, when a wall full of boxes fell! Oh no! What's the matter?
Down the stairs I did flew like a flash!
Threw aside curtians and baskets when my toe I did mash.
The glasses I had packed so carefully and neat
Now lay on the floor in a huge messy heap.
When what to my wondering eyes should appear,
but a black wet nose and a tiny floppy ear
One look at that face and it all became clear-
There were no robbers, or hurt kids or man to fear.
As she looked at me with so meek and humble,
I knew in a moment it was our dog Jackie- that had made the boxes tumble.
As she jumped up and down on the pile of paper and glass
She smiled at me as she wiggled her .....butt (;P)
I flopped on the ground as she finished her dance
and laughed right out loud as I watched her paws prance.
Then she leaped oér the pile and into my arms
And mezermerised me with her puppylike charms.
I picked her up and kissed her as I turned off the light
And wispered in her ear- You really made my night!
I have a few minutes, so I thought I'd let you all in on the happenings in my life lately. We have been franticlly working on our house to prepare it for selling. The realter was just here and took a bunch of pictures of most of the rooms. We have 6 bedrooms, so he probably won't put them all out on the web. He also took 2 movies to be able to look at, 360 degree panoramas. But the work isn't all done! We have a few papers to fill in, and a bunch of boxes to move. (I think we will need a few more boxes!!) as well as a bunch of "small stuff!
The most of the renovation was done during the Christmas/New Years break. We had 2 guys come to help with the spackling/painting/carpentry. They were fantastic workers and (as Lisa would say) not creepy! We are so thankful for all their work- we could not have gotten done without them. In a 3 week perion they succeded in repainting 5 rooms and a hallway, replaced a floor from the bottom up, did some carpentry work and even fix the shed out back so the doors stay shut! (We made them stay home to celebrate Christmas at least!) So thanks to my 2 favorite workers- M and B!!
Now that the pictures are taken, my mind has returned to the rest of my responsibilities. I need to go into Umeå to get some papers for my buisness, pick up the kids, and prepare a teaching for younge believers tomorrow. I also need to figure out how to get Björn to his JuJitzu lesson while I am working. Can you take him Mom?
Well, I recon I better get moving- otherwise I am liable to fall asleep right hereeeeeeeeeeeeeee..................
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
So good to see a post from you. And nauhty Jackie broke some of your dishes, did he? Glad you could laugh at it. Dogs are good for us. MEW
I CAN'T BELIEVE I DID NOT SEE THIS POST UNTIL TONIGHT!!!! I am slipping. How I wish I could take Bjorn to his lesson, just so I could see him and laugh with him. Oh, I miss you guys.
And I want to see those pictures of your place too. Will they be on a realtor's webite that I could go to?
Yep. They should be up later on today.
Post a Comment