Saturday, March 21, 2009
moving, choices, the big D and Believer
Greetings to all in Bloggland!
Have you ever been so busy that your night and day have been thrown into the blender, put on max mix and forgotten? Well, that has been my life lately.
To start off with- the house. We have had open house, house showings, advertising, meetings with the realtor, and untold tales of cleaning. Amidst all that we have also been trying to pack up as much as possible, then hide away the boxes. Ever try to hide a mountian behind a mole hill? Maybe we should try to camoflage it as a mole hill? Then we would really be making a mole hill out of a mountian! Wait- that was backwards, wasn't it?
Packing up everything is a challange as well. What will we need to use the next 2 weeks? UGG ! (And what can we afford to lose/ not find for at least 2 weeks after that?) We are now down to 2½ weeks till the move! Time to reserve the moving trailor! And, by the way, we did sell our house in Vannasby!! (PTL!)
Just to make matters more interesting, it i time for Katrina to decide what line she will be studying in high school. It is tough, because if you choose wrong, it will take a lifetime to fix. So, Katrina thought she had made her choice, and we were agreed on letting her have her choice. But then we found out that they are changing the rules for admissions into the universities in 2010, making it even harder to get in if you do not go directly from high school, and with good grades. Back to square one, many discussions, and in the end, hubby and I ended up being protective parents and making the choice for her to go the colledge prep line. (Not the choice Kat had made) So we broke her heart, but with the promise that we would also pay for further education in her chosen field if she does not get into University.(Why do I feel like I will regret this? Are we making the right choice? Is this going to bite us in the butt later?) I sometimes don't like being a parent very much!
Bjorn has been taking drum lessons, and has an EXCELLENT teacher. I am amazed at how much he has learned in such a short time! He is already accompaning songs, and doing some amazing rythms and complicated beats. The bad part- we are all going a little nuts with his constant tapping on anything and everything. The good part? I can join in and have a drum duel with him! Anything works as a drum, snare, crash and bass - even the dog! (Which she does not appreciate, by he way.)
The biggest hurdle I have had to face lately is my health. I have noticed a constant tiredness for the past year or so. (2 years) I am constantly tired, and must always be close to a toilet. Besides that I often have really bad muscle pains- as if I had been working out every muscle in my body for 5 days straight. So, Kris ordered a bunch of blood tests. Turns out, I have the big "D"- diabetes! OK, no shocker for me there, I had it when I was pregnant with Bjorn, knew the signs, and suceeded in avoided getting it for 12 years! But there's more! I also have high blood pressure and high colesterol. That took me by surprise! So, I have to loose the weight that keeps on finding me, excersize, and take medication for the blood pressure and colesterol. I am suddenly feeling like an old woman- both that I have health issues, and that I am complaining about them! So, on to something else!
I decided to do something I have wanted to do for a long time, and always had to wait for. I ecided to start hanging out with a motorcycle gang. Now, before you go getting all buzzed up about it- read on. When I was a child, there was a gang that helped to take care of my sister and I, keeping food in the house, clothes on us , and even bought us bicycles. I was 8 or 9 at the time. So for me, the gang was family. That was before I became a part of the family of God. I have always liked that sence of community, and wanted to be able to help others because of it.
About 4 years ago, there was a biker meet at a place where I just happened to stop for a pee break. There were many different gangs there, and one of them was named "Believer". I was interested right away, but still felt I couldn't get away from my family responsibilities. But in November, I was invited to come for a visit, and decided to go. They quickly became something I was eager to go back to, and has become a mainstay for me. I enjoy this group of Christians form diferent denominations, united in the call to witness to other bikers. Suddenly all the things that are really important to me seem to have found a home- my faith, wanting to share that faith, love of motorcycles, a desire to help others, and a place to learn more about the mechanics of motorcycles. So, now I have been accepted as a "hang-around". It is the first step in joining the gang. (About 1 year as a hang-around, 1-2 years as a prospect, and only after that is there a possibility of becoming a member) I still prioritize my family, and there is a real understanding of that from the believers. So, I really feel at home here, and am looking forward to a long relationship with them.
So, my fellow bloggers (and anyone who reads bloggs), my life has been busy. Besides working,moving,packing, church meetings, PTA, biker meetings, and discussions with our children, I have tried to get to the gym 4 times a week, wash the clothes (not doing very well on this one), make meals, grocery shopping, taking kide to school, ju jitzu, ballet, meeting with friends, and picking them up again.... well I recon I haven't had much time to blogg. But I am trying...
Have you ever been so busy that your night and day have been thrown into the blender, put on max mix and forgotten? Well, that has been my life lately.
To start off with- the house. We have had open house, house showings, advertising, meetings with the realtor, and untold tales of cleaning. Amidst all that we have also been trying to pack up as much as possible, then hide away the boxes. Ever try to hide a mountian behind a mole hill? Maybe we should try to camoflage it as a mole hill? Then we would really be making a mole hill out of a mountian! Wait- that was backwards, wasn't it?
Packing up everything is a challange as well. What will we need to use the next 2 weeks? UGG ! (And what can we afford to lose/ not find for at least 2 weeks after that?) We are now down to 2½ weeks till the move! Time to reserve the moving trailor! And, by the way, we did sell our house in Vannasby!! (PTL!)
Just to make matters more interesting, it i time for Katrina to decide what line she will be studying in high school. It is tough, because if you choose wrong, it will take a lifetime to fix. So, Katrina thought she had made her choice, and we were agreed on letting her have her choice. But then we found out that they are changing the rules for admissions into the universities in 2010, making it even harder to get in if you do not go directly from high school, and with good grades. Back to square one, many discussions, and in the end, hubby and I ended up being protective parents and making the choice for her to go the colledge prep line. (Not the choice Kat had made) So we broke her heart, but with the promise that we would also pay for further education in her chosen field if she does not get into University.(Why do I feel like I will regret this? Are we making the right choice? Is this going to bite us in the butt later?) I sometimes don't like being a parent very much!
Bjorn has been taking drum lessons, and has an EXCELLENT teacher. I am amazed at how much he has learned in such a short time! He is already accompaning songs, and doing some amazing rythms and complicated beats. The bad part- we are all going a little nuts with his constant tapping on anything and everything. The good part? I can join in and have a drum duel with him! Anything works as a drum, snare, crash and bass - even the dog! (Which she does not appreciate, by he way.)
The biggest hurdle I have had to face lately is my health. I have noticed a constant tiredness for the past year or so. (2 years) I am constantly tired, and must always be close to a toilet. Besides that I often have really bad muscle pains- as if I had been working out every muscle in my body for 5 days straight. So, Kris ordered a bunch of blood tests. Turns out, I have the big "D"- diabetes! OK, no shocker for me there, I had it when I was pregnant with Bjorn, knew the signs, and suceeded in avoided getting it for 12 years! But there's more! I also have high blood pressure and high colesterol. That took me by surprise! So, I have to loose the weight that keeps on finding me, excersize, and take medication for the blood pressure and colesterol. I am suddenly feeling like an old woman- both that I have health issues, and that I am complaining about them! So, on to something else!
I decided to do something I have wanted to do for a long time, and always had to wait for. I ecided to start hanging out with a motorcycle gang. Now, before you go getting all buzzed up about it- read on. When I was a child, there was a gang that helped to take care of my sister and I, keeping food in the house, clothes on us , and even bought us bicycles. I was 8 or 9 at the time. So for me, the gang was family. That was before I became a part of the family of God. I have always liked that sence of community, and wanted to be able to help others because of it.
About 4 years ago, there was a biker meet at a place where I just happened to stop for a pee break. There were many different gangs there, and one of them was named "Believer". I was interested right away, but still felt I couldn't get away from my family responsibilities. But in November, I was invited to come for a visit, and decided to go. They quickly became something I was eager to go back to, and has become a mainstay for me. I enjoy this group of Christians form diferent denominations, united in the call to witness to other bikers. Suddenly all the things that are really important to me seem to have found a home- my faith, wanting to share that faith, love of motorcycles, a desire to help others, and a place to learn more about the mechanics of motorcycles. So, now I have been accepted as a "hang-around". It is the first step in joining the gang. (About 1 year as a hang-around, 1-2 years as a prospect, and only after that is there a possibility of becoming a member) I still prioritize my family, and there is a real understanding of that from the believers. So, I really feel at home here, and am looking forward to a long relationship with them.
So, my fellow bloggers (and anyone who reads bloggs), my life has been busy. Besides working,moving,packing, church meetings, PTA, biker meetings, and discussions with our children, I have tried to get to the gym 4 times a week, wash the clothes (not doing very well on this one), make meals, grocery shopping, taking kide to school, ju jitzu, ballet, meeting with friends, and picking them up again.... well I recon I haven't had much time to blogg. But I am trying...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sorry, Miki! I just discovered this post two days later! I guess I must have given up checking your blog every day for some reason!
It's awesome to have such a nice, long, detailed update. It gives me my "Miki fix"!!
Give the kids a hug from Grandma. I miss you all and pray for you.
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment