Monday, August 14, 2006
Music and dancing
I finally recovered from Saturday! I was at Starkesmark musikfest from 12 noon till 2:30 am. (14½ hours) The musicians were great, and my fet couldn't keep still. I even went down to the front of the stage to dance a while. I only survived through two songs. Being up late is fun every now and again. This is really strange for me, as I normally do not stay awake past 9 in the evening. To be up so late is really rare! And to keep my wits about me enough to work is even more amazing! But I did feel the effects of it on Sunday. When Bjorn woke me up at 7, I was not a happy camper. Nor was I extatic when Jackie woke me at 8, and even less thrilled at Katrina's wake up at 9. So, when Kris came down at 10:30 and was all cheery and nice, he was a little surprised to kiss me awake and get a big growl out of me! The poor man was only trying to be nice, and got a very negative responce instead of kisses and hugs.
Of course, the house was in a bit of disorder till I got home- no one to tell if things were "forgotten" or left out. And Sunday I was just too tired to do anything about it either. So, today it is time to be the big nag again. I am finding out quickly who the most forgetful in the family is. But I won't embarass the person by writing it here. (No it is NOT me!!)
On sunday Jackie, Katrina and I went to the puppy course. We had a surprise visit from our former neighbors, and I lost track of time. We got to the class a little late, but had a fun time anyway. We discovered that Jackie seems to have a real nack for tracking. So, I am going to have her do more hide and seek when the kids are out walking with us. Maybe even a few more walks in the woods would be in order.
Today I don't have much planned. I need to take the money I made on saturday to the bank, and do some grocery shoping. Maybe I will try to paint the last bit around the kids windows today- just to get the job completed. Kris put a second coat of paint on a few places yesterday, so I will need to go touch up a few blue places where he slopped.
Kris is on call Wedn. eve, and has a lot of paper work to take care of. I expect him to be late every night this week, and away overnight on Wedn. night. He will be going to Övik on Sunday, and working there for a week. What his schedule will be like after that I have no idea- and he doesn't either!
This is the last week of summer vacation for the kids. (Yaaaaaa!!!) Katrina needs a few supplies. Bjorn and Katrina both need new back packs. Here in Sweden, the school supplies the students with paper, pencils, note books, ring binders, and everything they need. It sure makes it easier on the budget. So, I guess we will go to town this afternoon.
Have a good one, everyone.
Of course, the house was in a bit of disorder till I got home- no one to tell if things were "forgotten" or left out. And Sunday I was just too tired to do anything about it either. So, today it is time to be the big nag again. I am finding out quickly who the most forgetful in the family is. But I won't embarass the person by writing it here. (No it is NOT me!!)
On sunday Jackie, Katrina and I went to the puppy course. We had a surprise visit from our former neighbors, and I lost track of time. We got to the class a little late, but had a fun time anyway. We discovered that Jackie seems to have a real nack for tracking. So, I am going to have her do more hide and seek when the kids are out walking with us. Maybe even a few more walks in the woods would be in order.
Today I don't have much planned. I need to take the money I made on saturday to the bank, and do some grocery shoping. Maybe I will try to paint the last bit around the kids windows today- just to get the job completed. Kris put a second coat of paint on a few places yesterday, so I will need to go touch up a few blue places where he slopped.
Kris is on call Wedn. eve, and has a lot of paper work to take care of. I expect him to be late every night this week, and away overnight on Wedn. night. He will be going to Övik on Sunday, and working there for a week. What his schedule will be like after that I have no idea- and he doesn't either!
This is the last week of summer vacation for the kids. (Yaaaaaa!!!) Katrina needs a few supplies. Bjorn and Katrina both need new back packs. Here in Sweden, the school supplies the students with paper, pencils, note books, ring binders, and everything they need. It sure makes it easier on the budget. So, I guess we will go to town this afternoon.
Have a good one, everyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
No pictures from Saturday? I thought maybe we'd see some of your artwork!
Yesterday Lori showed me how to make your text larger so it's easier for my old eyes to read it. Thanks, Lori!
Happy shopping!
Miki, I am am so amazed with often you blog! I love the pictures on your blog and on you business site. We really want to come for a visit next year when we're out of debt and can actually enjoy our visit! Post more pics of the fam! Miss ya.
Lori
Post a Comment