Friday, January 19, 2007
Losing and gaining!
Time flies when your having fun! I have also learned that if I read while on the treadmill or bike, it make the time go by faster, and I don't have to take time later to read the paper! The only problem is that no one wants the paper after me. (I think it has something to do with the smell or the soggy sweat spots, but I am not sure. Really I think it's because I ususally solve the sudoko puzzle.)
Wookouts have been going well. I am still seeing a reduction in my size and my pants rely heavily on the belt to keep them up. My weight went up a little over Christmas- big surprise there, huh?. But it was limited to a couple kilos. I haven't been able to shake off those kilos, but my waiste and other measurments are on the decrease again. I've heard it said that 1 kilo of muscle takes up ½ the space as 1 kilo of fat. So, I recon I must be toning those muscles and losing the fat! Progress in all forms will be taken as encouragement. But I still have a long way to go!I am still FAT!!
The dietary changes have helped as well. I limit the amount of white flour and sugar harshly. When we have fika (usually cinnomon rolls and coffee) after church, I go and make myself a hard bread sandwich instead. I don't even take any cake or rolls at all any more. And I ask for a picture of water instead of drinking tea or coffee. (I don't like coffee anyways!) At home I simply do not have any sweets! Otherwise I know I would eat them in the middle of the night. That is my weakest time- around 10 at night. But I do have a pile of fruit! And no leftovers either! They are given to the dog or thrown away. It is waiste food- if I don't throw it away, it will wind up on my waiste! The kids have adjusted fairly well, though I have noticed that they have a hard time between meals to only eat fruit. And watching a movie without pop corn or chips is a bit of an adjustment. But it is working.
I have still been going to the gym at least 3 times a week, up till this last week. I was on my way to pick up a friend and drive to a meeting 2 hours away in Skellefteå. Our freaky weather had neeb cold, hot, cold, hot, cold. We are fairly accustomed to the icy conditions, and I was not being so careful as I should have been. Sure enough, I was walking in the drive way and suddenly Bjorn was standing over me asking if he should carry me into the house. (Yes, that is funny! He is ½ my size and 10 years old!) I decided to get up on my own, and pulled two muscles in my neck trying. Then I rolled over, got on my hands and knees, and did a pretty good impression of Bambi on ice. After a few attempts, I shimmied over to the yard, and crawed onto the snow covered grass. Then I finally stood up, though my knees were strongly protesting. After a few minutes, I assured Bjorn that I was fine, he could continue on to school along with the rest of the snickering crowd that had gathered. I wobbled my over to the car and went on to get my friend, and finished the day as planned.
But on Saturday I woke with a KILLER headache. My neck was increadibly sore, I couldn't turn my head at all. Just holding my head up was painful. I spent most of the day on the max dosage of Alvedon (tylenol) and holding my head with my hands. Luckilly we didn't have one of those neck braces at home. Then I didn't have to admit that my vanity wouldn't allow me to wear it! But I probably would have had it on at home anyways!
So, I didn't get back to the gym again till Wednesday. But I excused myself and am now back on track. I did 3 weight wookouts and 1 swimming. I am hoping to get to the gym later this morning. I have a meeting at 9 am, and will go swimming after that.
Now on to something else.Gaining. Our youth leader has decided to discontinue and served her last day on Monday. I knew about it since December, and had applied for the job the same day that she handed in her notice. Over Christmas break there were too many things to do, and the leaders didin't have time to process my application. In the beginning of January, we began talking about different aspects of the job and what I was willing to do and not. I am proud of myself for finally learning to say no to some things and sticking by it.It is difficult when you want to be a help, but know that you just can't do it all. Better to give one bale of hay to 1 cow than to spread it out for the whole heard and do little to no help at all. So we went back and forth, discussing how much time I would be paid for and what I would be responsible for if I got the job. Finally, we all sat down together. The elders and I had a meeting on Wednesday noght to talk about it. We finally agreed on a 75% job where I would be responsible for 10-13 year olds Sunday school, youth meetings for the teens, and younge believers class. We have a new youth worship team starting, and I will help out a little there, as well as a summer camps and helping to plan the big summer youth meeting (similar to Creation Festival) to be held in July. My job will officially end July 15th. Hopefully by then we will have found a pastor. We want to give him the freedom to create his own leadership team, so that is why it will only be until then. Hopefully I will be chosen to continue, but that will have to be the pastors decision. (If we have on by then) Otherwise, I will negotiate for another half a year, God willing. So, I am now officially hired as the youth leader at Vannas Pentecostal Church! I am both grateful and humbled to be able to serve in this capasity. I am honored that the leaders of the church have faith in me , and have put the future of the church in my hands. Being entrusted with other people's children- the most valuable thing they have- truely is an honor, and I hope to be able to serve in a way that will give them a hope and meaning for the future through Jesus Christ. So, pray for me often over the next ½ year if I come to your mind. As with all church service, I know I will wind up doing a lot more than 75%, but I pray that God will continue to give me the ability to lovingly say no as well.
Well, need to go to my 9am meeting. Hope to hear from you all soon.
Wookouts have been going well. I am still seeing a reduction in my size and my pants rely heavily on the belt to keep them up. My weight went up a little over Christmas- big surprise there, huh?. But it was limited to a couple kilos. I haven't been able to shake off those kilos, but my waiste and other measurments are on the decrease again. I've heard it said that 1 kilo of muscle takes up ½ the space as 1 kilo of fat. So, I recon I must be toning those muscles and losing the fat! Progress in all forms will be taken as encouragement. But I still have a long way to go!I am still FAT!!
The dietary changes have helped as well. I limit the amount of white flour and sugar harshly. When we have fika (usually cinnomon rolls and coffee) after church, I go and make myself a hard bread sandwich instead. I don't even take any cake or rolls at all any more. And I ask for a picture of water instead of drinking tea or coffee. (I don't like coffee anyways!) At home I simply do not have any sweets! Otherwise I know I would eat them in the middle of the night. That is my weakest time- around 10 at night. But I do have a pile of fruit! And no leftovers either! They are given to the dog or thrown away. It is waiste food- if I don't throw it away, it will wind up on my waiste! The kids have adjusted fairly well, though I have noticed that they have a hard time between meals to only eat fruit. And watching a movie without pop corn or chips is a bit of an adjustment. But it is working.
I have still been going to the gym at least 3 times a week, up till this last week. I was on my way to pick up a friend and drive to a meeting 2 hours away in Skellefteå. Our freaky weather had neeb cold, hot, cold, hot, cold. We are fairly accustomed to the icy conditions, and I was not being so careful as I should have been. Sure enough, I was walking in the drive way and suddenly Bjorn was standing over me asking if he should carry me into the house. (Yes, that is funny! He is ½ my size and 10 years old!) I decided to get up on my own, and pulled two muscles in my neck trying. Then I rolled over, got on my hands and knees, and did a pretty good impression of Bambi on ice. After a few attempts, I shimmied over to the yard, and crawed onto the snow covered grass. Then I finally stood up, though my knees were strongly protesting. After a few minutes, I assured Bjorn that I was fine, he could continue on to school along with the rest of the snickering crowd that had gathered. I wobbled my over to the car and went on to get my friend, and finished the day as planned.
But on Saturday I woke with a KILLER headache. My neck was increadibly sore, I couldn't turn my head at all. Just holding my head up was painful. I spent most of the day on the max dosage of Alvedon (tylenol) and holding my head with my hands. Luckilly we didn't have one of those neck braces at home. Then I didn't have to admit that my vanity wouldn't allow me to wear it! But I probably would have had it on at home anyways!
So, I didn't get back to the gym again till Wednesday. But I excused myself and am now back on track. I did 3 weight wookouts and 1 swimming. I am hoping to get to the gym later this morning. I have a meeting at 9 am, and will go swimming after that.
Now on to something else.Gaining. Our youth leader has decided to discontinue and served her last day on Monday. I knew about it since December, and had applied for the job the same day that she handed in her notice. Over Christmas break there were too many things to do, and the leaders didin't have time to process my application. In the beginning of January, we began talking about different aspects of the job and what I was willing to do and not. I am proud of myself for finally learning to say no to some things and sticking by it.It is difficult when you want to be a help, but know that you just can't do it all. Better to give one bale of hay to 1 cow than to spread it out for the whole heard and do little to no help at all. So we went back and forth, discussing how much time I would be paid for and what I would be responsible for if I got the job. Finally, we all sat down together. The elders and I had a meeting on Wednesday noght to talk about it. We finally agreed on a 75% job where I would be responsible for 10-13 year olds Sunday school, youth meetings for the teens, and younge believers class. We have a new youth worship team starting, and I will help out a little there, as well as a summer camps and helping to plan the big summer youth meeting (similar to Creation Festival) to be held in July. My job will officially end July 15th. Hopefully by then we will have found a pastor. We want to give him the freedom to create his own leadership team, so that is why it will only be until then. Hopefully I will be chosen to continue, but that will have to be the pastors decision. (If we have on by then) Otherwise, I will negotiate for another half a year, God willing. So, I am now officially hired as the youth leader at Vannas Pentecostal Church! I am both grateful and humbled to be able to serve in this capasity. I am honored that the leaders of the church have faith in me , and have put the future of the church in my hands. Being entrusted with other people's children- the most valuable thing they have- truely is an honor, and I hope to be able to serve in a way that will give them a hope and meaning for the future through Jesus Christ. So, pray for me often over the next ½ year if I come to your mind. As with all church service, I know I will wind up doing a lot more than 75%, but I pray that God will continue to give me the ability to lovingly say no as well.
Well, need to go to my 9am meeting. Hope to hear from you all soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Awesome, Miki, awesome. You'll be just perfect for that job, considering thatyou're quite familiar with that age group! And also, good for you for keeping on keeping on with the exercise and weight loss effort. I'm working on it too.
Post a Comment