Tuesday, July 03, 2007

The Swedish Chef and moose

We just couldn't resist a few things when Anthony and Lori were staying with us. There is a really good resteraunt in Umeå called Viktors, and we decided to take them there. Kris' sister played driver, and we headed in on Thursday evening around 6. We had the 4 course meal with a cheese platter- something the boys really enjoyed. (Lori was pretty full and I am not a huge cheese fan- but it was good!) As usual, the food was absolutly delicious! We took a walk around the block between the 3rd and fourth course- we were feeling quite stuffed and in need of some fresh air. After the desert we sat and chatted on the sofas a while before Anette picked us up. It was a lovely evening!



















The other thing we just had to do was to take A&L to the moose farm. There is a small place just west of us that raises moose, milk the mothers and sell the calves to various zoos and parks around the world. The milk is sent to be made into cheese. We went through the museum, watched a slide presentation, ant then we went out to see the calves. There was a maze made that you can go through (If you can find your way!), so we did that fo a while. Then there was a group that had seen the slides and were going into the calves, so we joined them. That was exciting!





After petting them a while, we went into the next enclosure which had a 3 year old bull and one of the mothers- 2½ years old. They were a little bigger! We took some more pictures and petted the bull, asked a few more questions and decided we were hungry. So we went in and had a wonderful moose meat stew and potatoes. When our bellies were sufficiently stuffed, we went home to the couches.


I have been working some more on the shower, and can see that it is going to take a few more days. I will be so glad when it is done! Here are the next pictures: The walls are spackled, but the floor needs a new try to get it to lean towards the drain. I decided to start laying the tiles on the walls and work on the floor after the walls are done. So, out came the level, string, trowel, fix and tiles, change into grubby clothes and start laying . First I did a corner near the faucet for the shower, from the bottom up. When I couldn't lay a whole tile without hitting the pipes, I stopped. The rest would have to wait for the next day. Then I poured a little more cement around the drain and against the walls. The final floor finishing would be done a few days later. To be continued...


1.fix on back of tile 2. put on wall 3. keep it level 4. add another
tile, and
another...


Yesterday I went into Umeå with a friend. We went to a few stores, ate lunch at Mc D's, did a few errands,(I needed to get a screw for my exhaust pipe- need to inspect it on Thursday morning, so the muffler needs to be quieted to pass the noise requirements.) and went to the spa for a swim afterwards . We had a fun time getting our feet tickled and getting rasin hands. A quick fika of garlic bread, tomatoe sauce and roast beef sandwich with a side od wasabi nuts finished off the day. NICE! Today I will put the muffler on my bike back together, go to the dump with some trash.


Have a good one y'all!

1 comment:

Kim said...

you crack me up how you go from 'putting in showers' and 'replacing exhaust pipes' to an afternoon at the spa! I love it!!!!

Sounds like you had a great time with Anthony and Lori. Your posts are always so very interesting!