Friday, December 08, 2006

Double workout

Yesterday was a workout day. I took Katrina to school and went to the gym for a swim.Ihave been doing a combination of swimming and under water pilates. Then I "run" in the water for 10-15 minutes. I love running and have missed it a lot. Even though it is not the same as running outside, I love the feeling of running under water. Maybe some day I can start jogging again?!
At 10:30 we met to plan next semester of the younge believers class. It will be full of fun, I am sure. I really enjoy the group that teaches together, and how everyone helps out. We work well together, we are all just a little on the crazy side.There are some changes but I will have to wait a little til I can say what they are. The planning went well. Just as we finished, I got a call from a friend who wondered if I was going to come to the gym with her to work out. So, back to the gym I went. We did a weight workout together, and had a good chat and lots of laughs. (Try doing crunches while you are laughing!!) I think I will take this morning off. I might fo swimming this afternoon. Katrina needs to be picked up in town at 4, so I might take a quick dip in the pool.
Kris called from NYC. He had off yesterday and took the oppertunity to go shopping. He got some Christmas presents and a few things for himself. Now I know where Katrina gets her love of shopping from!
I remember when I still lived at home how we would take a family picture every year. Sometimes it was hard to get all the schedules to mesh to have everyone there, primed and ready and in a good mood. Then we smiled goofed around and were blinded for the evening by the barrage of flashes. Good laughs then and when we looked at the pictures. Now I am finding it hard to get my hubby home and still long enough to snap our picture. We had set a date to do it, then Bjorn went missing! (He was at a friends house playing on the computer) NExt time Katrina was sick in her stomache. Then I fell asleep and no one woke me up! And now Kris is in New York City. He will come home on Monday, so our next date is Monday night. With a little luck, everyone will be there, well, and awake!! We have all used up our allotted one excuse, so now it's time to grin and ... snap! (hee hee- cute pun, huh?)
Well, time's a waistin, and I have a messy house to clean and a floating couch to weigh down.Have a good one y all.

1 comment:

Jean said...

He's in NYC already? Mary Ellen's calendar says he's just getting there today. Oh well, it doesn't make any difference. But I still can hardly stand it that he's so close and we can't get to see him.