Tuesday, July 17, 2007


We went to Luleå for a wedding this past weekend, and had a really good time. We all wished we could have stayed longer, but the realities of life required us to return home on Sunday evening. We stayed in a cute little cabin at a camping area. There were a lot of wedding guests staying at the same place, and we started Friday evening with a bar-b-que. There were a lot of international guests, and I really enjoyed hearing the languages. French is a truely beautiful language. Though I did not know much french, and they didn't know so much english, I enjoyed the evening- including the grilled bananas! Then I played volleyboll with the youth for a while before going to bed at 2 am. The sunrise was beautiful, and the kids and I went on a photo safari before turning in. (We have 24 hours of light right now) Saturday we slept in till 10, then got up for some late breakfast. We walked around the camp a while, then got ready for the wedding. A bus would transport us all from the camp to the wedding and back again after the reception. We were to be ready and on the bus by 1:00, so till we got ready and ate a quick lunch, it was time to go. The weather was perfect- sunny and warm with a slight breeze. They had everything in swedish(Emma is swedish) and french (Sulvan is french).Tom Ruschman from Jokkmokk was the pastor that married them, and he was able to speak both languages. (And english)

After the wedding, the couple drove off in a beautiful old buick while the guests walked to the reception hall. The food was remarkable, as was the entertainment.



Katrina got a chance to dance with the groom, Sulvan. She was impressivly good! Kris and I danced a few dances as well, and Björn joined us for one dance too! We had fun, but got pretty tired by the time 2am came around. We took the bus back to the cabins, just in time to witness the most beautiful sunrise- even more georgous than the day before. After helping Tomas and Birgitta (brides parents and extra grandparents to my kids) I decided to go on a photo safari. I was out for 1½ hours taking pictures and enjoying myself. Then I thought that the prudent thing would be to go to bed and sleep. So I stayed up another hour helping the kids get settled in, doing sudoko and taking another walk. I finally turned in around 3:30, only to wake up at 5 for a bathroom call. And again at 6, and 7. Then Björn woke up and we went for a walk and talked for a couple hours. Katrina joined us later, and we decided to clean out the cabin and pack the car. We were invited to lunch with Tomas and Birgita at 1:00pm, so we needed to get busy.
After lunch, the kids decided to take a quick dip in the water. They scrounged up some towels, a change of clothes and in they went. I can't imagine where their thermostats are, the water was cold! But in they went anyways. Till they were done, it was soon time for us to leave. We had a long drive home and unpacking to do. So home we went (after a ½ hour of goodbyes) to prepare for the upcoming week.

That's it f or now! This week I need to prepare a sermon and do a little paper work. Then I am off for another 2 weeks.

Have a good one y'all!















2 comments:

Jean said...

I so enjoyed this post and the pictures. I remember so many of the people you mentioned.

I'm frustrated because for some reason I can't save the pictures like I usually do. Could you email them to me so I can save hopefully save them from there?

Love, Mom

Jean said...

I really enjoy looking at those top two pictures every day when I check your blog, but I'm ready to hear how you're doing!

Love, Mom