Monday, May 29, 2006

new heating system and a dead car

These past two weeks have just flown by! I can hardly believe all that has happened since I wrote last. Where to start?
Our neighbors have moved! They bought a newly built condo in Umeå and sold their house. I am sorry to see them go, but I also understand their need to start out new again. I wish them well in their new home and look forward to visiting them in the future.
After a couple of years of heating our home on electricity, and having high electricity bills, we decided to dig a big hole and use the natural heat from the earth to warm our house instead. It will cost a bit for the initial installation, but it will pay for itself in 6 years. Plus that we will have a HUGE savings on our monthly electricity bill and increase the value of the house.
The ford died, but will soon be resurected! The engine in my car got fried and died. The car is not too old (97), and there is still a bit of worth in it. So, we decided to have it fixed. It will cost us 7000 Krowns (650 dollars) but then it will hopefully last a couple more years.
My painting classes are almost over. I only have one more oil painting class on Monday night, and then they are all over. I am looking forward to the extra income too. (To pay for the car!)
I need to try to get some sleep, so you all have a real sweet week now, ya hear?

1 comment:

Jean said...

I commented yesterday, but I see it didn't show up. Anyway, I was very happy to find an update when I checked your blog. I have checked it several times a day every day since the last update. I know it sounds like I don't have any friends, and nothing to do, but what can I say.... I like to hear from you.

By the way, I was wondering what a hwating system is - is that Swedish??!!