Sunday, May 07, 2006

Snake teeth and busy wek

Time sure goes by fast! Now it's Sunday evening and I am looking down the barrel of yet another busy week. It was so nice to get everything done last week, but now there are new projects to get going and a few things to prepare for this summer. I need to contact Vännäs to reserve a stand for the market in July,and find out when the markets are in Umeå and how much they cost. I decided not to go to the markets further away, but to only do those which are a reasonable driving distance away.
This week I will get Kristoffer to start preping a table top for repainting as well as to keep practicing his airbrush skills. I don't think he will be able to pinstripe, as he has a shakey hand. It will be interesting to see how much detail he can manage once he gets the airbrush teknique down.
Monday night I have the oil painting class. Tuesday our small group is to go to clean out the camping area that our church has part ownership of. Wednesday is a working day, and if the weather is nice, I will do some yard work in the evening, as well as some wash. (Hung the first loads of wash out on Saturday. Boy, did they smell nice!!)There is a group of scouts coming to get tattoos in the early evening, but that should only take an hour or so. Thursday's another work day, and I have no idea yet what the evening will call for. I know that Bjorn has soccer practice on Tuesday and Thursday evenings. He likes it when I watch the games and the practices. It's a nice chance to talk to the other parents and to get away from the house and work.
Friday- work day. Friday evening- nothing on the schedule. I am looking forward to the evening off and plan to do as much of nothing as possible!
Kris will be at work late on Monday eve, and away (in Vindeln) from wednesday till friday. Friday night he practices piano with some ladies that will be singing at church on Sunday. This weekend Katrina has a youth retreat weekend and will be gone Friday till Sunday.
Gotta write about a little prank that's going around! When I was in high school we did a little thing called rattle snake teeth. We took a hair pin and bent it open into a "v". Next we threaded a rubber band through a button and put it into the middle of the rubber band. The 2 ends were threaded over the ends of the hair pin like a sling shot. Then we twisted the button around and around. Carefully placing this wound up button and hairpin into an envelope was tricky, but if you hold onto the button from the outside of the envelope, it would not release. Next, you write "American Eastern Diamond Back Rattle Snake Teeth" on the envelope with a danger symbol. Now, it is set, just look for a victum, and ask if they want to see some rattle snake teeth! Most people will cautiously agree and carefully start to open the envelope. Curiosity.... When they open it to look inside, the button releases and taps on the side of the envelope, making a sound similar to a snake rattle. The force usually makes the hair pin "jump out" of the envelope, and you have got your first victum!
Well, of course I had to test it on someone, and there was Kris! He didn't jump or scream, but he did jerk a little! Good enough! Next came the neighbor lady. I told her I found a strange bug in the basement, could she take a look? Sure! (he hee!) She jumped, screamed and threw the envelope down! I showed her how it worked and let her open it a second time and she ... jumped, screamed, and threw the envelope down. We laughed histerically and agreed that we HAD to do it to her husband!! (He had the same reaction followed by threats of revenge!)
Most everyone I've tried it on have reacted the same way. The youth loved it and have promised to take one home and show their parents!! (I am expecting a lot of mad emails and threats from said parents within the next week!)
If I don't write any more entries, it is because some frantic histeric parent has had enough and has done me in. Either that or the snake teeth have found their mark!
Love and colors y'alls!

1 comment:

Jean said...

You are just toooooo much! But I love you anyway!

Mom