Friday, April 07, 2006

Camera back!

I went into Umeå yesterday afternoon and picked up my digital camera. Then I bought some super glue for plastics and fixed it myself! So, today you get to see the first pictures of the golden flames bike. Enjoy!
Otherwise, Katrina's class party went well, no problems. It was just a little late till we finally got home. Then we watched American Idol together (Kris and I). I was really tiredthis morning, even hit the snooze button- a very rare occasion for me! Katrina woke me up at 6:00 (don't know why, but I didn't like it too much!) but had no troubles falling back to sleep. Thismorning I did som paper work, and finished a hockey helmet for one of Bjorn's friends. Nothing exciting, but as I am writing this, I realized that I forgot to do the lightning bolts and put my logo on. Ugg!
I will go back out to the garage when Katrina comes home and finish the last of the gold leafing, and maybe start pinstriping.
The snow is really coming down heavy and fast. I am so ready to pack my bags for Florida! Just out of curiosity's sake, I was looking at the real estate prices in Hawaii! (I am SOOOOO sick of snow!!) Jackie (our Jack Russel) wants to be outside constantly now adays. Not too much fun in this weather!
Bjorn is at a friends house playing Runescape on the internet, Katrina is not home yet, Kris is at work, so that means that I have to take Jackie out. Enjoy the pictures and have a colorful day!

This is the back fender. You can see the diference between the gold painted and the gold leaf. (Bottom of the flame is leaf, top is painted) The leaf catches and reflects the light so much more than the painted gold! I first paint the flames so that if there are any small misses, it is hard to see them, and to give me clear guidelines of where to put the gold when the sizing (glue) is cured. (The glue cures to a clear coat and is hard to see)





Here is the helmet, with gold leaf flames, and the oil tank, painted gold flames.


1 comment:

Jean said...

Awesome!!