Saturday, April 15, 2006

Easter eve

It was still snowing yesterday, but today we had the frist rain of the year! (Never thought I'd be so thankfull for rain!) Kris and Bjorn spent a couple hours outside today shoveling away most of the slush from the front pourch area and drive way. What a mess! I even saw the tippy top of the measuring stick that shows how deep the snow is! Do I dare hope?
This morning was my first sleep in for a long time, The kids left me sleep till 9 am!! (A rare treat!) Then a lazy morning followed. We visited with the neighbors for a little while before we came back home. (They have sold their house and are moving in June, and Jergen got the first part of his hunting liscence.) Their kids had been here last night watching a movie, and got home a little late, so they had just gotten up. (lazy bumms!!)
The kids and I painted easter eggs. I had an evil thought of just throwing a bunch of unpainted eggs out into the snow and making the kids go find them! But then I decided that it would be a little too crule. So we decorated eggs instead.
Tomorrow is church, and a chance to meet the man who might become our new pastor. Our current pastor resigned in December, her last days are comming around the corner. This man is supposedly a profet, teacher and pastor; filled with the Holy Spirit and a real servent of God. It will be interesting to see how the grill fest goes! Mostly, I pray that the Holy Spirit will guide us to the right man for the work he has in store for his church.
Tomorrow we are having a little lamb and carrots, potatoes, and maybe even a little garlic bread to celebrate the resurection of our Lord. Nice thing is that it takes little preperation to get it going. Just stick the lamb steak in the crock pot with some water, the veggies and a little salt and pepper and garlic cloves. Bake in the oven till meat falls off the bone. Eat meat and veggies, give bone to one very happy puppy! (last time it occupied her for almost 2 hours!!)
Kris was home yesterday and today, and will be home tomorrow and Monday! 4 days in a row with him home!! That is almost a record! Next week the kids will be home all week for easter break. (Hope I can keep my witts about me!) On tuesday I am looking forward to getting my motorcycle out of storage. Katrina wants to come along for the first ride home. I don't think she realises how wet and cold it is going to be! No better way to learn than by doing! (insert an evil laugh here- woo haa haa haah haaaaaaa!)
I promised Katrina I would go for a walk with her, so I might just as well do it now, and let Jackie come along to stretch her legs. Have a hoppy.... happy easter, everyone! Love and colors!

No comments: