
I got tired of waiting for the snow to melt, so I dug out the grill from the snow and made grilled hamburgers for lunch! MMMMMMM they sure was gooooood! Why is it that the first grilled burgers of the year are always the goodest! (Thems is so good a body is likliest to plum forgit all that there grammer stuff we aint learned in skool!) We ate them in pita bread with tomatoes, lettus, pickles,cheese, ketchup and mustard. I had grilled the whole pack of 25 burgers so we can just warm them up later and enjoy the flame broiled taste without having to go out to start a fire.
I did a little pinstriping yesterday, but will have to wait till next week to do any more. Too many distractions with the kids coming and going, fighting, wanting a soda or ice cream.... (Who in their right mind wants ice cream when there are still mountians of snow all over the place? My kids!!)
Today I am going into Umeå to get my motorcycle- I was suppose to get it yesterday, but the mechanic called and said that they were giving a course and couldn't do it then, could I wait till today? (Did I have a choice?) So, later this afternoon I will go in and get it.
Katrina is spending the day in town with a friend, shopping and hanging around. Then she will be at her friends house overnight and come home tomorrow at 10 am. Bjorn has Jackie today, so that made it possible for me to go get Angel (the motorcycle). Of course I will have to take a nice long ride to break her in! Yaaaaa hoooooo! I wish you could see the idiotic grin on my face! Wait a minute, you can.
OK, it is a dumb smile. But I need to do it now, because if I do that kind of a smile later, I will get all kinds of bugs, and snow and dirt and mud and stones and exhaust and dog hair and forgotten gloves and all kinds of other disgusting things in my mouth while I'm on the bike. What's worse is that I wouldn't be able to get it out cause I need to use my hands to steer and brake, so all that stuff would stay in my mouth and on my face till I happened upon a red light. And knowing my luck, that would be the first time I ever hit all the lights green! So, to avoid all possible disasters, I will do my stupid smile now and keep my mouth shut while driving!
Later today I need to go to the bank and deposit some money. It's time to pay the bills for this month, and I have a few to take care of. I also need to finish my taxes, but will need to do it next week. The kids can't seem to get it in their minds that I need to be UNDISTURBED while doing my bookwork! No amount of fussing, sighing, hinting, reminding, irritated looks, evil eyes, or even plain down yelling seemed to help. I gave up and resigned to doing it next week when they are in school!
I want to finish cleaning the art room and the hallway upstairs today, so I need to get to it. Have a colorful day, y'alls!

1 comment:
Sounds yummy - the burgers, that is, not the mouthful of bugs, etc!!
Post a Comment