Saturday, April 29, 2006
Pinstriping done!
Last night I fianlly finished pinstriping Kris' bike! HALLELUJA!!! My fingers are red and yellow and pink and green and blue and orange! I almost have a rainbow on my hands! I wasn't finished till almost 9 in the evening. I had such a crazy day yesterday! Let me preface it all by saying that I do my best pinstriping in the mornings when I have had breakfast, am freshly rested and allert. After everyone has gone to work and school, Jackie and I take a walk and I do my morning talk with the Lord then. All set, time to go to work! But not yesterday!! Here's how it went:
Kris was going to a party after work and asked me to take him in to work so his car wouldn't be in town overnight. He would take the night bus home. OK. Katrina came along to be dropped off at school. We left a little late from home, so I first took Kris to work (on the other side of town) Then I took Katrina to school (back across town). Then I decided that it was a good time to go grocery shopping, so back across town again! On the way home I got a call from the blood bank wondering if I could give blood ASAP. So I stopped in for the vampires to do their job. (They like me because I am o- the blood group that can give to anyone! (Even my blood is generous!)
Finally I was on my way home. On the way home I got a phone call from one of the ladies in my Sunday painting class. She had been to the art store, but her order hadn't come in yet. But now it was there. She wouldn't be able to make it in to pick it up. Would I be so kind as to pick it up for her? OK. She had already paid, so I would get it for her. Then I got another phone call from a fellow in my Monday class. Would I be able to pick up his order? I was going in anyways, so I said OK.
When I got home from the Umeå trip, I noticed that the new owners fro the neighbors house had just arrived and were knocking on the door. (They won't move in till the end of May, so it was a bit curious!) I said that they were all at work. Roger (The neighbor to be) said he had set up an appointment to check on some water damage with a carpenter , and they should be home. I called Jörgen (the current owner) He was mad because he didn't know they were coming today! I knew that their son worked at the local gas station, so I said I could go borrow his house key and unlock for oger. Would I be willing to do that? Could I also stay with them? OK. But he would owe me a steak for it (a runnung joke). So, off to the gas station, get the key, return and unlock. I went home to put away my semi thawed frozen stuff, and went back over to the neighbor's house. It took about an hour till they looked at everything, crawed into all the coobie holes, climbed the roof and took all the moisture readings. I locked up the house and returned the key, taking 15 minutes (½ hour) to talk with the son.
Home again. By now it was 1:00, and lunch time. I put away the rest of the groceries, and made some lunch. There went my time window for pinstriping! Bjorn came home a little after 2 and agreed to keep Jackie. I needed to get to the art store to pick up the supplies before they closed at 3. I took the oppertunity to take Angel- my motorcycle!
Well, I got to the store, and yes, all the supplies were in. Then the lady started to ring it up on the register! Wait a minute, aren't they paid for already? One set was paid for, but not the other! Oh, joy! Luckilly (?) I had enough money in my wallet for it, so I paid it. Then the owner of the shop (a friend) waved me to the back and asked if I'd like a cup of coffee. I immidatly felt the Holy Spirit to say "Say yes!" So, I said yes.
Now, anyone that knows me also knows that I HATE coffee! I hate the smell, the looks and definatly the taste of coffee! So, this was a major leap of faith. I imidatly had visions of having to choke down a full mug of the nasty liquid worm guts, with a smile on my face! What we don't do for the Lord!! Once in back, she remembered and asked if I wanted tea, I graciously said yes please! So, my friend had a few things she needed to talk about. I listened and tried to give a little input, but I think she just needed to talk to someone. An hour later (2½ hours) I was finally on my way home.
When I got home, Bjorn had a friend at home and was playing xbox games, Katrina had 2 friends and they rearranged the livingroom to dance. (I knew they would put it back, no problem) But then the one friend wanted to see where I work. OK. When we got out there, they wondered if they could get tattoos (temporary). OK. Of course, they each took complicated tattoos, multi colored and big! Grrrr. Will I ever get to pinstriping, Lord? So, I then needed to clean out the airbrushes from the tattoo ink, otherwise the ink dries inside and the airbrush won't work. 10 minutes later (½hour), they cleared out with thanks for the nice tattoos, and wondered if I would come and jump rope with them! ENOUGH ALREADY!!! I GOTTA GET TO WORK!!!
So I set up to stripe. Till everything was in order, I looked at my watch- 4:30! Oh, no! This is not good! Now I was in my sleepy time! Soon supper time, slightly hungry, stressed and tired. Not a good time to stripe. So I prayed. Hard! and started to mix the paint. I aske the lord to calm me down, to mix the paint to the right shade, to mix in the right amount of thinner and hardner, to guode my hands to the right starting point, and to place the brush at the right angle, with the right speed and to the right places. I also asked for devine inspiration on how to fix any mistakes, and to see the errors right away. How's that for specific praying! I just kept on praying the whole time I was striping, because I knew this was the worst time for me to be doing it!
You know something? I am sure God's hand was right on top of mine, guiding and directing me the whole evening! I haven't looked at it yet this morning, but I was so glad that the job got done! I finally finished around 9:00 last night. What a crazy day it was!!
Today I have to clean the kitchen and bathroom, clean up in the garage, wipr all the MC parts down, mix the clear coat, take my bike out of the garage, cover everything else, hang the MC parts and clear them. I'll do 4 coats today and let it dry overnight. Then I'll do 4 coats tomorrow morning before church and let them hang overnight. We start reassembling Monday!! Pray that I won't put on too much clear so that it runs. (runs in the clearcoat=bad!)
So, please forgive me if I don't writh for a couple days. I got a lot on my to-do list! Till next time I hope to have some pix of the finished product or a long explanation of why I don't!
Love and colors!
Kris was going to a party after work and asked me to take him in to work so his car wouldn't be in town overnight. He would take the night bus home. OK. Katrina came along to be dropped off at school. We left a little late from home, so I first took Kris to work (on the other side of town) Then I took Katrina to school (back across town). Then I decided that it was a good time to go grocery shopping, so back across town again! On the way home I got a call from the blood bank wondering if I could give blood ASAP. So I stopped in for the vampires to do their job. (They like me because I am o- the blood group that can give to anyone! (Even my blood is generous!)
Finally I was on my way home. On the way home I got a phone call from one of the ladies in my Sunday painting class. She had been to the art store, but her order hadn't come in yet. But now it was there. She wouldn't be able to make it in to pick it up. Would I be so kind as to pick it up for her? OK. She had already paid, so I would get it for her. Then I got another phone call from a fellow in my Monday class. Would I be able to pick up his order? I was going in anyways, so I said OK.
When I got home from the Umeå trip, I noticed that the new owners fro the neighbors house had just arrived and were knocking on the door. (They won't move in till the end of May, so it was a bit curious!) I said that they were all at work. Roger (The neighbor to be) said he had set up an appointment to check on some water damage with a carpenter , and they should be home. I called Jörgen (the current owner) He was mad because he didn't know they were coming today! I knew that their son worked at the local gas station, so I said I could go borrow his house key and unlock for oger. Would I be willing to do that? Could I also stay with them? OK. But he would owe me a steak for it (a runnung joke). So, off to the gas station, get the key, return and unlock. I went home to put away my semi thawed frozen stuff, and went back over to the neighbor's house. It took about an hour till they looked at everything, crawed into all the coobie holes, climbed the roof and took all the moisture readings. I locked up the house and returned the key, taking 15 minutes (½ hour) to talk with the son.
Home again. By now it was 1:00, and lunch time. I put away the rest of the groceries, and made some lunch. There went my time window for pinstriping! Bjorn came home a little after 2 and agreed to keep Jackie. I needed to get to the art store to pick up the supplies before they closed at 3. I took the oppertunity to take Angel- my motorcycle!
Well, I got to the store, and yes, all the supplies were in. Then the lady started to ring it up on the register! Wait a minute, aren't they paid for already? One set was paid for, but not the other! Oh, joy! Luckilly (?) I had enough money in my wallet for it, so I paid it. Then the owner of the shop (a friend) waved me to the back and asked if I'd like a cup of coffee. I immidatly felt the Holy Spirit to say "Say yes!" So, I said yes.
Now, anyone that knows me also knows that I HATE coffee! I hate the smell, the looks and definatly the taste of coffee! So, this was a major leap of faith. I imidatly had visions of having to choke down a full mug of the nasty liquid worm guts, with a smile on my face! What we don't do for the Lord!! Once in back, she remembered and asked if I wanted tea, I graciously said yes please! So, my friend had a few things she needed to talk about. I listened and tried to give a little input, but I think she just needed to talk to someone. An hour later (2½ hours) I was finally on my way home.
When I got home, Bjorn had a friend at home and was playing xbox games, Katrina had 2 friends and they rearranged the livingroom to dance. (I knew they would put it back, no problem) But then the one friend wanted to see where I work. OK. When we got out there, they wondered if they could get tattoos (temporary). OK. Of course, they each took complicated tattoos, multi colored and big! Grrrr. Will I ever get to pinstriping, Lord? So, I then needed to clean out the airbrushes from the tattoo ink, otherwise the ink dries inside and the airbrush won't work. 10 minutes later (½hour), they cleared out with thanks for the nice tattoos, and wondered if I would come and jump rope with them! ENOUGH ALREADY!!! I GOTTA GET TO WORK!!!
So I set up to stripe. Till everything was in order, I looked at my watch- 4:30! Oh, no! This is not good! Now I was in my sleepy time! Soon supper time, slightly hungry, stressed and tired. Not a good time to stripe. So I prayed. Hard! and started to mix the paint. I aske the lord to calm me down, to mix the paint to the right shade, to mix in the right amount of thinner and hardner, to guode my hands to the right starting point, and to place the brush at the right angle, with the right speed and to the right places. I also asked for devine inspiration on how to fix any mistakes, and to see the errors right away. How's that for specific praying! I just kept on praying the whole time I was striping, because I knew this was the worst time for me to be doing it!
You know something? I am sure God's hand was right on top of mine, guiding and directing me the whole evening! I haven't looked at it yet this morning, but I was so glad that the job got done! I finally finished around 9:00 last night. What a crazy day it was!!
Today I have to clean the kitchen and bathroom, clean up in the garage, wipr all the MC parts down, mix the clear coat, take my bike out of the garage, cover everything else, hang the MC parts and clear them. I'll do 4 coats today and let it dry overnight. Then I'll do 4 coats tomorrow morning before church and let them hang overnight. We start reassembling Monday!! Pray that I won't put on too much clear so that it runs. (runs in the clearcoat=bad!)
So, please forgive me if I don't writh for a couple days. I got a lot on my to-do list! Till next time I hope to have some pix of the finished product or a long explanation of why I don't!
Love and colors!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Bless you, bless you, my dear. You are an amazing woman.
Love, Mom
Post a Comment